Saturday, August 6, 2011

Royal Wedding Fever

Well like many others around the world, I had to participate in a little Royal Wedding fever!  I decided to hold a tea party to coincide with the televising of the big event and got to work making a few royal themed pretties.  I gathered my supplies (which sometimes I think is the most fun!) and got to work.
I managed to source some great stuff from the web including some British flags which I was able to print and make into bunting. With some paper wedding bells from my local party supply store, the lounge was looking quite festive!
 I decided to make some handbags for my guests, because everyone should have a handbag for a wedding!  I used my own design and made them out of royal blue cardboard with a red flap, a British flag and of course some bling!
 Combined with a tiara for every princess, I included a few wedding essentials including a hanky for the tears, band-aid for the blisters, bubbles to blow, chocolate hearts, and of course blue and silver engagement rings for everyone!  Lots of fun.
So once everyone had arrived we settled down to watch the telecast and enjoyed our high tea.
Just a lovely evening... and a lovely wedding.  Diana would have been very proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment